Orange food. Delicious. Matches the leaves outside. One time I read a book featuring a character who ate only certain colors on certain days, like Monday would be red day and Tuesday green, etc. I didn’t intend to make me meal all orange but it just happened and it was delicious. Usually I am all about green food but sometimes my body says no thanks.
I’m still adjusting the sweet potato biscuits recipe as it was a little doughy…but the squash recipe is here for you!
Butternut Squash Soup (vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free)
- 1 shallot
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 cups coconut or other unsweetened nondairy milk (use low-fat if that’s important to you)
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- olive or coconut oil
1) Cut butternut squash in half, coat with a tiny bit of oil, then place face down onto a pan or glass baking dish.
2) Roast squash at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until soft to fork prick.
3) In a medium pot, saute the shallot with a bit of oil on medium until translucent and slightly brown.
4) Depending on if you have an immersion blender or just a regular blender, load the ingredients into the blender or leave in pot for immersion blender. Blend squash, spices, milk, water, and sauteed shallot until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasonings as desired.
5) Heat the soup in the pot to desired temperature for eating. Enjoy!
Have a wonderful weekend! I’ll be back with Caturday…that is if I can find a willing cat to volunteer.