This weekend I went to Vegfest! It was great but I got so tired form stupid lyme and pain and stuff. Sorry Caturday went uncelebrated, I’ll try to make up for it eventually. If it makes you feel any better my cat gave me a pissy face about it. I have tons of fun food and info from Vegfest which I will get to soon, but first, my monthly Beauty Box review.
Last week I got my Vegan Cuts Beauty Box in the mail. Always a pleasure. Let’s take a look in what I got this month.
- Bare Bones face rinse with rosewater. The ingredients in this are very simple and I love rosewater in my beauty products. I love the glass bottle too. It will certainly be re-used.
- Earth Science Frangrance Free Shampoo and Conditioner: I tend to save these samples for trips or when I go to the gym and I haven’t done much of either lately. So I am hoarding.
- Lotus Moon Vitamin B Hydrating Gel: I really hope this helps my face as I get very dry skin in the winter.
- Manic Panic High Voltage Lip Gloss: This was really cool lip gloss as it has a light that activates when you open it and a mirror on the side. My husband told me the color wasn’t his favorite, but I think it’s good to mix it up and have options. Let’s face it, Manic Panic tends to have bold and bright colors.
- Meow Meow Tweet Bergamot oil: I like getting different oils to try out. Most of them relax me and cover up other smells I dislike. I liked the exotic smell to the Bergamot and that it was non-floral for a change.
- Concrete Minerals Eyeshadow in Wicked: I don’t tend to wear a lot of eyeshadow but I like to have it around for special occasions. This is a pretty color.
- The All Natural Face Lip and Cheeks in Dusky Rose: A nice blush that fits well into my purse and isn’t too powdery. Nice to have a non powdery option sometimes. I used a little on my lips and it’s a nice color but I prefer a different application process for lip color.
I noticed other people got a small shampoo from Beauty without Cruelty–which I got last month instead of the lip gloss. I guess there’s some variation in the boxes. To follow-up from last month, I really love the BWC shampoo, I may even switch to it, and the Fanctful Fox soap is almost out and I’m sad, it was so soft and hydrating to my skin. I love that the box introduces me to so many new products and small companies too.
I honestly don’t even wear much makeup so I like the balance of lotions/shampoos/soaps with makeup. But I have been wearing a little more makeup since I’ve had lyme since I think it helps when I look tired. The other side of the coin is that people will say, “Oh you look great!” but let’s face it, no one wants to hear they look like crap. I just tell people I look great despite being ill if they press the issue.
I’m sorry I can’t show the makeup on me, at this point I am too shy to show my face on my blog and I value my privacy.
Thanks Vegan Cuts for another great month!
And a cat in the sink because well, I love cats, and this is stuff I use in the bathroom.